e diel, 22 korrik 2007

Coney Island

Yesterday a few of my friends and I trucked on over to Coney Island for the siren music festival. It was so much fun! I saw loads of great bands, the most note worthy of which being White Rabbits and Elvis Perkins. It was a great time to be around all of the old fashioned amusement park rides. We mozied on down the boardwalk as well and spent the better part of sunset on the beach making sand sculptures. Although I have to admit I was disappointed with the hotdogs! As you may or may not know I don't eat meat (ok, I eat fish) and have not eaten meat in quite some time. I was so excited to have a real Coney that I broke my vegetarianism for a day and had one from Nathan's which is where they hold the hot dog eating contest every year. And it wasn't very good! Ah well. It was a beautiful day full of beautiful music and no writing of paper.

It was a good break from last week.


Until next time....

Chelsea

2 komente:

jaime tha...

That's awesome you saw Elvis Perkins. Was Dearland there as well? That's how he refers to his band, it's 'Elvis Perkins in Dearland'. I like that better than Elvis Perkins & The Dears or something.

Feeling Simply Quilty tha...

Did you get to see the Detroit Cobras?